Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Verse of the Day 3/28

Ephesians 6:18 (NIV) And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people.

I woke up this morning with a lot of things on my mind, many of them pertaining to work and not worthy of losing sleep over.  It wasn't actually worry just concerning "busyness" and things to do.  I decided to use the time better, to pray.  In doing so an old chorus came to mind.  I didn't remember any other lines except the chorus.  While waiting to board a plane at the airport I looked up some of the stanzas.
 
The song raises the question, when do we choose to pray?  Primarily when we need something, when we have something to praise Him for, or is it whenever we feel "the Spirit" move us?
 
Every Time I Feel the Spirit
 

Down in the valley, when I feel weak
It's when the devil, usuallly speaks
Because he's crafty, and full of lies
I need the Spirit to keep me wise.

 

 Ev'ry time I feel the spirit moving in my heart, I will pray
Ev'ry time I feel the spirit moving in my heart, I will pray.


When we're in the valley, we may not feel like praying.  But if the thought comes to you it just may be the Spirit calling you to do so.  May we put on the full armor today, and finish it with a prayer as we prepare for the day.
 
Blessings,
Mike
Follow the verse of the day at wwwmikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 6:18-20 New International Version (NIV)

 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

No comments: