Sunday, October 14, 2012

Verse of the Day 10/14

 Psalm 28:7  The Lord is my strength and my shield;
    my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
    and with my song I praise him.   New International Version (NIV)
 
 
As I read this verse in my devotions yesterday I thought how well it lined up with the thoughts from the week.  Walking in the light of His Word, shedding light on our path should encourage us that He is and has been our strength.  We can trust Him knowing that He has and will help us in all our needs day by day.
 
The heading of the psalm, written by David is "My Strength".  He felt God's presence in His life, it was inside of him and made him write the psalms, many of which were written and are still used in song.
 
For some reason the Newsboys song "God's Not Dead" came to my mind.  Read the following words to the song, could you picture David expressing such emotion?
 
Let hope arise and make the darkness hide
My faith is dead I need a resurrection somehow
I'm lost in your freedom
And this world I'll overcome
 
My God's not dead
He's surely alive
He's livin on the inside
Roaring like a lion
 
Let heaven roar, and fire fall
Come shake the ground
with the sound of revival
 
Is God living on the inside of you?  If so, sing a song or a psalm of praise to Him today.
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV
Psalm 28:6-9   Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

6 May the Lord be praised,
for He has heard the sound of my pleading.
7 The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped.
Therefore my heart rejoices,
and I praise Him with my song.
8 The Lord is the strength of His people;
He is a stronghold of salvation for His anointed.
9 Save Your people, bless Your possession,
shepherd them, and carry them forever.

No comments: