Friday, November 30, 2018

Verse of the Day 11/30

Verse of the Day 11/30
Isaiah 43:25 "I, I am he
who blots out your transgressions for my own sake,
and I will not remember your sins. English Standard Version (ESV)
Yesterday we considered how God spoke to Jacob in a dream and told him, "I am with you and will keep you wherever you go". In today's verse God speaks through the prophet Isaiah saying, "I am He who blots out your transgressions" and "I will not remember your sins".
Praise God that we serve God who forgives and forgets. As humans we may forgive but it another thing to forget. If we have a hard time believing that in the following verse he says "lets argue together". Similar to what was said in Isaiah 1:18 where God said, "come let's reason together". Let's have a conversation about this.
Sin will be a constant battle while we live here in this world. The devil would have us give up and walk away from God. Jesus "nail scarred hands show how far Jesus would go to bring us back. His reasoning wins.
I start the day, the war begins
Endless reminding of my sin
And time and time again
Your truth is drowned out by the storm I'm in
Today I feel like I'm just one mistake away
From you leaving me this way
Jesus, can you show me just how far the east is from the west?
Cause I can't bear to see the man I've been
Rising up in me again
In the arms of your mercy I find rest
You know just how far the east is from the west
From one scarred hand to the other (East to West – Casting Crowns)
When you are going through troubled waters, feeling overwhelmed and on the verge of drowning, there too remember that God is with you. Read the verses from Isaiah 43 below. How do they speak to you today?
With echoes of mercy and whispers of love. 
Blessings,
Mike
Isaiah 43 English Standard Version (ESV)
Israel's Only Savior
43 But now thus says the Lord,
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
3 For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
25 "I, I am he
who blots out your transgressions for my own sake,
and I will not remember your sins.
26 Put me in remembrance; let us argue together;
set forth your case, that you may be proved right.
 


Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: