Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Verse of the Day 9/11

Verse of the Day 9/11



2 Corinthians 1:21-22
English Standard Version



21 And it is God who establishes us with you in Christ, and has anointed us, 22 and who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.[

In yesterday's post we considered who God is, the Almighty, the Creator and our heavenly Father.  In today's verses Paul points out that it is God's work that has "established" us in Christ along with all other believers.  He has also appointed us to do His will. What caught my attention in reading these verses was that He has "put His seal on us".  The kings seal indicated ownership and it carried weight wherever it went.  He has put His seal upon us and we carry it with us as His representives in our world.

What should be our response to this?  As I read those words I remembered a few words from the hymn, "Have Thine Own Way", "stamp thine own image deep on my heart".  That image, that seal pressed on our hearts, in our inner being.

1 Have thine own way, Lord!
Have thine own way!
Thou art the potter,
I am the clay.
Mold me and make me
after thy will,
while I am waiting,
yielded and still.

2 Have thine own way, Lord!
Have thine own way!
Search me and try me,
Savior today!
Wash me just now, Lord,
wash me just now,
as in thy presence
humbly I bow.

3 Have thine own way, Lord!
Have thine own way!
Wounded and weary,
help me I pray!
Power, all power,
surely is thine!
Touch me and heal me,
Savior divine!

4 Have thine own way, Lord!
Have thine own way!
Hold o'er my being
absolute sway.
Fill with thy Spirit
till all shall see
Christ only, always,
living in me!


With His seal upon us are we willing to say "hold over my being absolute sway"?  It is only possible with Christ only, always, living in me.


Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

2 Corinthians 1:12-22
English Standard Version

Paul's Change of Plans

12 For our boast is this, the testimony of our conscience, that we behaved in the world with simplicity[a]




 and godly sincerity, not by earthly wisdom but by the grace of God, and supremely so toward you. 13 For we are not writing to you anything other than what you read and understand and I hope you will fully understand— 14 just as you did partially understand us—that on the day of our Lord Jesus you will boast of us as we will boast of you.

15 Because I was sure of this, I wanted to come to you first, so that you might have a second experience of grace. 16 I wanted to visit you on my way to Macedonia, and to come back to you from Macedonia and have you send me on my way to Judea. 17 Was I vacillating when I wanted to do this? Do I make my plans according to the flesh, ready to say "Yes, yes" and "No, no" at the same time? 18 As surely as God is faithful, our word to you has not been Yes and No. 19 For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, whom we proclaimed among you, Silvanus and Timothy and I, was not Yes and No, but in him it is always Yes. 20 For all the promises of God find their Yes in him. That is why it is through him that we utter our Amen to God for his glory. 21 And it is God who establishes us with you in Christ, and has anointed us, 22 and who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.


No comments: