Friday, July 24, 2026

Verse of the Day 7/24



Verse of the Day 7/24

Philippians 3:1
New Living Translation

The Priceless Value of Knowing Christ

Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters,[a] rejoice in the Lord. I never get tired of telling you these things, and I do it to safeguard your faith.

Today’s verse came up in my read through the Bible plan.  It tells us, “whatever happens” to rejoice in the Lord.  When we read this we probably realize that it is easier said than done. But what Paul says at the end of the verse points out the importance for us in doing so, in making this a practice all the days of our lives.  In good times and in bad we can find something to be thankful for, to praise God for and in doing so we are “safeguarding” our faith.

What it does for us is to keep us trusting, keep us holding on and to give us hope for the future, or I should say for the present and future.  We will then be able to look back and see that we have “learned” to trust in Jesus and learned to trust in God.

I've had many tears and sorrows
I've had questions for tomorrow
There's been times I didn't know right from wrong
But in every situation
God gave me blessed consolation
That my trials came to only make me strong

[Verse 2]
I've been to lots of places
I've seen a lot of faces
But there were times that I felt so all alone
But in my lonely hours
Yes, those precious lonely hours
Jesus lets me know that I was His own
That's the reason I say

[Chorus]
Through it all
Mm, Through it all
I've learned to trust in Jesus
I've learned to trust in God
Let me tell you that




Blessings,
Mike
Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV


Philippians 3:1-4
New Living Translation

The Priceless Value of Knowing Christ

Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters,[a] rejoice in the Lord. I never get tired of telling you these things, and I do it to safeguard your faith.

Watch out for those dogs, those people who do evil, those mutilators who say you must be circumcised to be saved. For we who worship by the Spirit of God[b] are the ones who are truly circumcised. We rely on what Christ Jesus has done for us. We put no confidence in human effort, though I could have confidence in my own effort if anyone could. Indeed, if others have reason for confidence in their own efforts, I have even more!


Sent from my iPad

No comments: