Thursday, July 30, 2026

Verse of the Day 7/30

Verse of the Day 7/30

Psalm 51 records David's repentance after his adultery with Bathsheba.  He had hit rock bottom and came to the Lord for forgiveness and healing and restoration.

This is another passage the reads differently after going through great loss.  The Message has David asking to be brought back from "gray exile".  Grief and other heartaches in life can lead to that "gray" feeling.  No sunshine or breaks in the cloiuds visible on the horizon.  Still David holds onto hope.  He prays "create in me a clean heart"m for a "Genesis work"  (The Message) to be done in his life, but it is not just for his benefit, he wants to be able to sing God's praise again and to be able to teach others, that they might learn of God's ways that lead to life.

The prayers come from hitting rock bottom, being crushed like mortar.  But stop and think,  What is mortar used for, it is for building up, holding bricks of a building or a wall together. That;s where faith comes in, it is faith that God usess to build us up.  It has been for ages.

When I close my eyes, I can see Your glory
When I raise my hands, I can touch Your face
When I bow my knees, I stand before You
And Christ is formed me

(chorus)
Awake my soul, prepare an entrance for Your glory
And let my heart become a throne for You to dwell
And when I need Your Holy Spirit more than life itself
Then Christ is formed in me

When I lose myself, I reflect Your image
When I break, I break my will, then I am whole
When I give, give my all, I find life everlasting
Then Christ is formed in me                             (Awake My Soul - Philips, Craig and Dean)




Blessings,
Mike
Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV


No comments: