Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Verse of the Day 8/27

    
John 14:3 If I go away and prepare a place for you, I will come back and receive you to Myself, so that where I am you may be also.  Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
 
Think about that for a moment, heaven is a place.  To the thief who came to know Jesus while on the cross, Jesus said, "today you will be with me in paradise".  Heaven is a place and a destination.
 
When we hear the word "paradise" we each may have a different image in our minds.  It might be white sandy beaches, beautiful blue water and gentle ocean breezes.  In this passage Jesus also describes it as a mansion, or a house with many rooms, one prepared for you.  In other places it is referred to as a city and a country.
 
Greg Laurie writes, "Heaven is a paradise, a city, a country ... and so much more that we can't begin to wrap our finite minds around it.  But one thing I do know: Jesus is expecting me, and He's prepared a place for me.  What more could I ask for?"
 
We don't know for certain what heaven will be like but we can come away from this knowing that it is a paradise, a house, a city, a country and so much more, and it is a place for me.  Don't you want to go their as your final destination?
 
Heaven is  a wonderful place,
Filled with glory and grace,
I want to see my Savior's face,
'Cause heaven is a wonderful place.
I want to go there.
(repeat)
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV

 

John 14:1-4New Living Translation (NLT)

Jesus, the Way to the Father

14 "Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father's home.[a] If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?[b] When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. And you know the way to where I am going."

No comments: