Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Verse of the Day 2/2

Verse of the Day 2/2

Psalm 59:16-17 But as for me, your strength shall be my song of joy.

At each and every sunrise, my lyrics of your love will fill the air!
For you have been my glory-fortress,
a stronghold in my day of distress.
17 O my strength, I sing with joy your praises.
O my stronghold, I sing with joy your song!
O my Savior, I sing with joy the lyrics of your faithful love for me!    The Passion Translation (TPT)

Yesterday, February 2, many of us in the United States, especially on the east coast celebrated Groundhog Day.  Each year the groundhog "Punxutawney Phil" is removed from his den and held up to see if he can see his shadow.  Legend has it that it he sees his shadow we will have 6 more weeks of winter.  Well yesterday he saw his shadow.  Nonetheless when I got up this morning and as I was having my devotions and read today's verse which was Bible Gateway's verse of the day the sun was shining through the window and the skies were bright blue.  We may have six more weeks of winter but I am not putting my faith in a groundhog.  I trust in the Everlasting One who does not change and holds the times and seasons in His hands.

As I saw that sun shining through the window, the Matt Redman song "10,000 Reasons" rang out in my mind.

The sun comes up
It's a new day dawning
It's time to sing your song again
Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes
Bless the Lord O my soul
O my soul
Worship his holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship your holy name

You're rich in love and you're slow to anger
Your name is great and your heart is kind
For all your goodness I will keep on singing
10, 000 reasons for my heart to find

It may still be winter, it may be a dark day for other reasons wherever you are.  But if you seek the Lord and think about His steadfast love and all of the blessings that you have received, perhaps you can name a few of those 10,000 reasons and sing this song or another song of praise to Him today.

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Psalm 59:16-17 English Standard Version (ESV)

16 But I will sing of your strength;
    I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning.
For you have been to me a fortress
    and a refuge in the day of my distress.
17 O my Strength, I will sing praises to you,
    for you, O God, are my fortress,
    the God who shows me steadfast love.

No comments: