Friday, April 4, 2014

Verse of the Day 4/4

 
Psalm 5:3  Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.
    Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.  New Living Translation (NLT)
 
 
I read today's verse in this morning's Our Daily Bread Devotional.  In yesterday's devotional we considered from Deuteronomy 28 how we are to "listen diligently", being "watchful". 
 
Here in Psalm 5 David begins by calling for his God to hear His voice and in today's verse he reminds God,(as if He needed reminding), that he comes to Him faithfully with his prayers and requests every morning.  It indicates a life of devotion, a faith that is living and active.  It points to someone who is dependent upon God.
 
Can we say the same thing, "each morning I bring my requests to you"?  Notice that David does this and then waits "expectantly".  It has to do with that "walk circumspectly" that we considered yesterday.  Again, waiting expectantly is not waiting passively.  It is moving, it is living looking for and being aware of how God responds to our prayers.  It is being aware of blessings of opportunities that we might otherwise fail to notice.
 
Each morning, may we lift our prayers lift the songs of our hearts to Him, and may we praise His works and see His glory.
 
Holy, holy, holy!  Lord God Almighty!  	Early in the morning our song shall rise to thee.  	Holy, holy, holy!  Merciful and mighty,  	God in three persons, blessed Trinity!
Holy, holy, holy!  Though the darkness hide thee,  	though the eye of sinful man thy glory may not see,  	only thou art holy; there is none beside thee,  	perfect in power, in love and purity.
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV

Psalm 5:1-3

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

Psalm 5

The Refuge of the Righteous

For the choir director: with the flutes. A Davidic psalm.

Listen to my words, Lord;
consider my sighing.
Pay attention to the sound of my cry,
my King and my God,
for I pray to You.

At daybreak, Lord, You hear my voice;
at daybreak I plead my case to You and watch expectantly.

No comments: