Monday, December 31, 2018

Verse of the Day 12/31

Verse of the Day 12/31

Jeremiah 33:3   Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.   English Standard Version (ESV)

This is a day, New Years Eve, when there will be a lot of looking back at the year that has passed and looking ahead to the coming year.  Plans will be laid, goals and resolutions will be made, but most likely, the vast majority of them will be done to the tune "My Way" by Frank Sinatra.  As Christians, we too can look to the coming year, but as we look and especially before we leap, may we call on the Lord for His guidance, for His presence and He will prove Himself faithful as He has been in the past.

A.W. Tozer writes, "I decided long ago that instead of trusting my way, I will gladly trust blindly in the wisdom of God.  If I trust blindly in God's wisdom, He will lead me by a way that I know not.  He will guide me in paths where I have not been before.  He will make darkness light before me and make crooked things straight, and will lead me through into His marvelous light."

I think that it is safe to say that I haven't quoted Petula Clark often in these posts, but as I read the first words of today's verse, her song from the 60's came to mind, call me.

If you're feeling sad and lonely
There's a service I can render
Tell the one who loves you only
I can be so warm and tender
When it seems your friends desert you
There's somebody thinking of you
I'm the one who'll never hurt you
Maybe that's because I love you
Now, don't forget me 'cause if you let me
I will always stay by you
You gotta trust me that's how it must be
There's so much that I can do
Call me don't be afraid, you can call me
Maybe it's late, but just call me
Tell me, and I'll be around

Read verses 2 and 3 from The Message below.  Think and know that the God who made the earth livable and lasting is waiting for your call today and as you head into the New Year, may you make it a practice to call on Him every day; He'll be around.

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Jeremiah 33:3 The Message (MSG)

2-3 "This is God's Message, the God who made earth, made it livable and lasting, known everywhere as God: 'Call to me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own.'

No comments: