Friday, June 28, 2019

Verse of the Day 6/28

Verse of the Day 6/28

Genesis 28:16???? Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, ???Surely the??Lord??is in this place, and I wasn???t even aware of it!????? New Living Translation (NLT)

In today's verse I'd like to have us stop and consider the implication of a two letter word seen here, the word "is".???? The passage is better known for "Jacob's ladder", his dream of angels ascending and descending to heaven.?? We too may picture God as residing in heaven in some remote place.??

A.W. Tozer writes, "I think of Jacob when he first encountered God in what is known as Jacob's ladder.?? When he arose from that dream, he said, "God is in this place and I didn't know it."?? He did not say that God came to that place.?? He said, "God is in this place."

Sometimes, we feel like we're all alone,?? as if God has to traverse the universe to meet us, to deliver us and that we'll have to wait for Him.?? He is not, He is right here, He is right where you are, but perhaps you just don't realize it, you don't seek Him, you won't wrestle with Him as Jacob did.

Wherever you find yourself today, maybe your struggling with something, looking for answers.?? Know that God is in this place.?? Seek Him, pray to Him, read His Word and be aware that He is there, He is near.

  1. Just when I need Him, Jesus is near,
    Just when I falter, just when I fear;
    Ready to help me, ready to cheer,
    Just when I need Him most.
  2. Just when I need Him, He is my all,
    Answering when upon Him I call;
    Tenderly watching lest I should fall,
    Just when I need Him most.

Refrain:
Just when I need Him most,
Just when I need Him most,
Jesus is near to comfort and cheer,
Just when I need Him most.



--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

No comments: