Sunday, September 26, 2021

Verse of the Day 9/26

Verse of the Day 9/26

Ruth 1:16
New International Version



16 But Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.

My Old Testament reading plan recently brought me through the book of Judges and has now moved into Ruth where we find today's verse. Judges ends with this foreboding statement:

Judges 21:25

 In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as they saw fit.  NIV


I say that this was a foreboding because of the ramifications of their actions and their heart as a nation.  They had turned from God and the beginning of Ruth deals with the consequences.  A famine came upon the land, some left the country in search of food and sustenance but without trust in the Lord the results brought about tragedy.  Ruth and her mother in law Naomi returned home and that is where the book of Ruth picks up.

Ruth's statement to Naomi above shows her faith and trust in Naomi and in her God.  God is faithful and He provided for them to meet their daily needs through their kinsman redeemer, Boaz.  He also was looking out for the nation and the world, for as read that Ruth ended up marrying Boaz and from that lineage came King David and ultimately, Jesus 

Ruth 4:21  Salmon the father of Boaz, Boaz the father of Obed, 22 Obed the father of Jesse,and Jesse the father of David.

Things may seem today like everybody is doing as they see fit and who knows where that will lead.  We should not lose faith that God is in control and He will bring His people back to Him for "our Redeemer is faithful and true."

As I look back on this road I've traveled
I see so many times He carried me through
And if there's one thing that I've learned in my life
My Redeemer is faithful and true

My Redeemer is faithful and true
Everything He has said He will do
And every morning His mercies are new
My Redeemer is faithful and true  (Our Redeemer is Faithful and True - Steven Curtis Chapman



Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Ruth 1:15-19
New International Version



15 "Look," said Naomi, "your sister-in-law is going back to her people and her gods. Go back with her."

16 But Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me." 18 When Naomi realized that Ruth was determined to go with her, she stopped urging her.

19 So the two women went on until they came to Bethlehem. When they arrived in Bethlehem, the whole town was stirred because of them,



No comments: