Sunday, September 5, 2021

Verse of the Day 9/5

Verse of the Day 9/5

John 14:6. New International Version
6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

We've considered over the last few posts how as Christians, we have the Spirit dwelling within us and also how wear are to "put on the full armor of God" daily as we head off into the world.
I read today's verse in my devotions this morning and thought of it in relation to both of these things.

I've always thought of this verse in relation to Jesus being the way to the Father, which is true.  But He is much more than that.  He is the way, the example of how to live our lives.  He shows us in His Word and in His actions recorded in the Bible what putting that full armor on looks like.

Burk Parsons writes, "The Christian way is the all encompassing way of living before the face of God, coral Deo, by doing all things for His glory.
Step back, take a pause and think about this today before you head out especially if you are preparing to go to church and worship Him.  He is the way of the kingdom, the way of the cross, the Christian way.

The word Christian was first introduced in the book of Acts to describe Jesus followers.  It literally meant "little Christ's".  Prior to that they were known more often as the way.  When you stop and think about it the two go together.  Jesus is the way to the Father.  As Christians our lives are to be a demonstration of the same.

Jesus is the answer for the world today
Above Him there's no other, Jesus is the way
Jesus is the answer for the world today
Above Him there's no other, Jesus is the way


Blessings,
Mike
Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV


John 14:5-14
English Standard Version
5 Thomas said to him, "Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?" 6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you had known me, you would have known my Father also.[a] From now on you do know him and have seen him."

8 Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." 9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves.

12 "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. 13 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask me[b] anything in my name, I will do it.

No comments: