Monday, November 21, 2022

Verse of the Day 1/21

Verse of the Day 1/21


2 Thessalonians 3:16
Holman Christian Standard Bible


16 May the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with all of you.

I read this verse this morning and thought that it would be a good one to start off this week of Thanksgiving.  Peace is something that goes, or at least should go, with thanksgiving.  It is not something that comes naturally but as the verse starts out, "may the Lord of peace himself give you peace."

We can have this peace amidst trying circumstances when we see and realize the glory and majesty of God.  Hymns bring this to mind as do many passages that will come up when we spend time regularly in God's Word.  We sang the following song "Gratitude" by Brandon Lake in church yesterday.  It shows the attitude of heart that can receives this peace.
So I throw up my hands
And praise You again and again
'Cause all that I have is a
Hallelujah, hallelujah
And I know it's not much
But I've nothing else fit for a king
Except for a heart singing
Hallelujah, hallelujah

I've got one response
I've got just one move
With my arms stretched wide
I will worship You

Paul closes this book with the following, while peace is not specifically mentioned, it is at the heart of these words.

2 Thessalonians 3:18. Holman Christian Standard Bible



18 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with all of you.

May His grace and His peace be with you this week of Thanksgiving.




Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

2 Thessalonians 3:16-18
Holman Christian Standard Bible

Final Greetings


16 May the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with all of you. 17 This greeting is in my own hand—Paul. This is a sign in every letter; this is how I write. 18 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with all of you.

No comments: