Friday, December 2, 2022

Verse of the Day 12/2

Verse of the Day 12/2


John 6:47
New King James Version



47 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.


In his devotional for today David Jeremiah commented that the custom for decorating Christmas trees began in Europe in the sixteenth century.  In the bleak northern winters in Europe and the northern U.S., there is not much that is green.  Most trees have shed their leaves and the ground is some shade of gray or brown.  The "evergreens" are about the only thing that remains green, shows that it has life.  The color remains through all seasons.

For those of us who trust in Christ as our Savior, we have eternal life.  It is availalbe to us, and His Spirit lives in us through all seasons of life and will continue on through eternity.

I picked out our Christmas tree right before Thanksgiving and the tree was up and decorated for that holiday and will remain through the Christmas season.  As you decorate your tree or see them as you go about, let them serve as a reminder that you have everlasting life through Jesus, who came to earth that we might have this everlasting life.

Jesus, my Lord will love me forever,
From Him no pow'r of evil can sever,
He gave His life to ransom my soul;
Now I belong to Him;

Chorus
Now I belong to Jesus,
Jesus belongs to me,
Not for the years of time alone,
But for eternity.

Once I was lost in sin's degradation,
Jesus came down to bring me salvation,
Lifted me up from sorrow and shame,
Now I belong to Him;


Joy floods my soul for Jesus has saved me,
Freed me from sin that long had enslaved me
His precious blood, He came to redeem,
Now I belong to Him;


It is not a "Christmas" hymn, it is one that can be sung or celebrated any time, not for the years of time alone, but for eternity.




Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

John 6:46-48
New King James Version



46 Not that anyone has seen the Father, except He who is from God; He has seen the Father. 47 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes [a]in Me has everlasting life. 48 I am the bread of life.

No comments: