Sunday, June 4, 2023

Verse of the Day 6/4

Verse of the Day 6/4


Matthew 11:4-5
English Standard Version



And Jesus answered them, "Go and tell John what you hear and see: the blind receive their sight and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have good news preached to them.

As I read these verses this monring I thought of the miracles that Jesus performed bringing healing, renewal and hope to people that desparately needed it.  But then I stepped back and thought, it doesn't end there.  No matter what we need, no matter what we face Jesus is there for us and we will receive what we need.  i was reminded of the song "His Eye is on the Sparrow" which came a few verses before today's  (Matthew 10:29-31).

Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heaven and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

I sing because I'm happy,
I sing because I'm free,
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.

"Let not your heart be troubled," His tender word I hear,
And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;
Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

What is troubling you today?  Take courage that His eye is on you and He is for you,  You don't have to be blind or lame or a leper to realize this.  He will be there for you, He is watching over you and He cares for you.



Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV


Matthew 11:1-6
English Standard Version

Messengers from John the Baptist

11 When Jesus had finished instructing his twelve disciples, he went on from there to teach and preach in their cities.

Now when John heard in prison about the deeds of the Christ, he sent word by his disciples and said to him, "Are you the one who is to come, or shall we look for another?" And Jesus answered them, "Go and tell John what you hear and see: the blind receive their sight and the lame walk, lepers[a] are cleansed and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have good news preached to them. And blessed is the one who is not offended by me."













No comments: