Sunday, July 2, 2023

Verse of the Day 7/2

Verse of the Day 7/2

1 John 3:14-15
New King James Version






14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death. 15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.


In Ephesians 2 we read that we were dead in our trespasses and sins but God "made us alive" in Christ.  In today's passage the Apostle John explains what this new life in Christ looks like.  We are made alive in Christ and the evidence of that will be shown in love for our brothers and sisters in Christ.  It doesn't stop there, but it begins there.

Pastor John Piper writes, "So, love for others is a condition of future grace in the sense that it confirms that the primary condition, faith, is genuine. We could call love for others a secondary condition, which confirms the authenticity of the primary and essential condition of faith which alone unites us to Christ, and receives his power. "

His joy should flood our soul and overflow into the love of serving Him and loving others.  If the realization is there in your heart you will notice the change

  1. What a wonderful change in my life has been wrought
    Since Jesus came into my heart;
    I have light in my soul for which long I have sought,
    Since Jesus came into my heart.
    • Refrain:
      Since Jesus came into my heart,
      Since Jesus came into my heart;
      Floods of joy o'er my soul like the sea billows roll,
      Since Jesus came into my heart.
  2. I have ceased from my wand'ring and going astray,
    Since Jesus came into my heart;
    And my sins which were many are all washed away,
    Since Jesus came into my heart.



Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV


1 John 3:14-18
New King James Version

14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love [a]his brother abides in death. 15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

The Outworking of Love

16 By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 17 But whoever has this world's goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?

18 My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.


No comments: