Thursday, February 6, 2020

Verse of the Day 2/6

Verse of the Day 2/6


Habakkuk 2:1   I will take my stand at my watchpost

    and station myself on the tower,
and look out to see what he will say to me,
    and what I will answer concerning my complaint.     English Standard Version (ESV)

Over the past couple of days we've considered faith and trusting God; being preserved by persevering in faith and in hope.  Today's verse and short passage go along with this train of thought.

The picture is that of a guard looking out from the watchtower of the city wall.  He can see for some distance and may be looking for a runner bringing good news.  But the writer pictures himself in this way spiritually and so should we.  Many times in our lives we may go through times where we are praying for something, for healing, restoration and preservation physically or spiritually for ourselves or perhaps a loved one.  While we wait, we are to persevere in faith while we keep watching.

In those times we may question God but we are to keep looking and stand ready to be corrected for our wrong thinking when He does answer us, and He will in His time.  Though His answer seems to be delayed "wait for it'.  Continue to seek Him in His Word and in prayer while you keep watching and waiting.

Once again, I'm reminded of an old hymn, this time it is Blessed Assurance and the line "watching and waiting, looking above, filled with His goodness, lost in HIs love.  Read the passage and the words to the hymn below.  

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine
O what a foretaste of glory divine
Heir of salvation, purchase of God
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood
Perfect submission, all is at rest
I in my Savior am happy and blessed
Watching and waiting, looking above
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love
This is my story, this is my song
Praising my Savior all the day long
This is my story, this is my song
Praising my Savior all the day long
Does it sound like your story?   Keep watching, keep waiting, keep looking above.  In His appointed time He will answer you.

Blessings, 

Mike 

Habakkuk 2:1-4 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Just Shall Live by Faith

I will stand my watch
And set myself on the rampart,
And watch to see what He will say to me,
And what I will answer when I am corrected.

The Just Live by Faith

Then the Lord answered me and said:

"Write the vision
And make it plain on tablets,
That he may run who reads it.
For the vision is yet for an appointed time;
But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.
Though it tarries, wait for it;
Because it will surely come,
It will not tarry.

"Behold the proud,
His soul is not upright in him;
But the just shall live by his faith.



Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: