Monday, May 22, 2023

Verse of the Day 5/22

Verse of the Day 5/22


John 6:35
English Standard Version



35 Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.

I read today's verse in my read through the New Testament plan.  It was still on my mind when I heard a sermon by Robert Morris on the Lord's prayer which focused on "give us this day our daily bread.".  He mentioned that Jesus could easily have just stated "give us our bread daily", but in stating "give us this day our daily bread" He is stating it twice.  It is not being redundant but focuses on the importance of coming to Him daily seeking it, asking for it.

Jesus gives us what we need to live our daily lives, physically and spiritually. We can turn to many things, many "how to" guides to help us in many areas of our lives.  But the most important way to start is to go to His Word daily, recall it through the day, pray over it and let Him guide us.  We won't go hungry and we won't thirst.

Pastor Greg Laurie writes, "So whatever your problem is, bring it to Jesus. Whatever you are struggling with will not come as a shock or surprise to Him. And when you pray, seek to find the will of God. The reason Jesus gave this mother everything she asked for was because she aligned her will with His. We find the will of God by reading the Word of God, the Bible. Then we will understand the heart, mind, and purpose of God."

Whatever you need today, seek Him, to provide the strength to endure through the living bread.

Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

John 6:31-38
English Standard Version

31 Our fathers ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written, 'He gave them bread from heaven to eat.'" 32 Jesus then said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, it was not Moses who gave you the bread from heaven, but my Father gives you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world." 34 They said to him, "Sir, give us this bread always."

35 Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me.


No comments: