Monday, February 18, 2008

Verse of the Day 2/18

Through the Bible - Numbers 5-7

Good morning,
Most of you have probably finished school, if so think back to taking tests. Do you remember the "open book" exams? At first you thought, "that will be easy, I wont have to study as much because I'll be able to look up the answers or solutions. Then the test was handed out and what happened? Did you then wish that you had read the assigned book?
Today's verse comes from the book of Job where he was under a different kind of testing.

Job 23:10 But He knows the way that I take;When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold. NKJV

Going back to those school exams, if we hadn't studied it wasn't so easy to find those answers during the test. We wished we would have studied and learned the material ahead of time. We would know it, and if we needed to go back in detail we would know where to find it.
When you think about it our lives are pretty much an "open book" test, or exam. In this day and age we have God's Word, the study book available at our fingertips at just about any time of the day no matter where we may be in the way of book, tapes, the radio and over the internet at spots like Bible Gateway. The temptation is to think "it's there", I can go to it when I need it.
But how many of us find life like those open book exams? Wouldn't you rather have God's Word in your heart (going back to Psalm 119:11) so it is there when the trouble, when the tests come?
Read the passage below. Do you see the heart of David in Job's thoughts?
May you never have to go through the trials of Job, but whatever trials you face wouldn't you rather face the test well prepared?
In Christ,
Mike

Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace NIVJob 23:1-12

23
1 Then Job answered and said: 2 "Even today my complaint is bitter;My hand is listless because of my groaning. 3 Oh, that I knew where I might find Him,That I might come to His seat! 4 I would present my case before Him,And fill my mouth with arguments. 5 I would know the words which He would answer me,And understand what He would say to me. 6 Would He contend with me in His great power?No! But He would take note of me. 7 There the upright could reason with Him,And I would be delivered forever from my Judge. 8 "Look, I go forward, but He is not there,And backward, but I cannot perceive Him; 9 When He works on the left hand, I cannot behold Him;When He turns to the right hand, I cannot see Him. 10 But He knows the way that I take;When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold. 11 My foot has held fast to His steps;I have kept His way and not turned aside. NKJV

No comments: