Thursday, February 7, 2008

Verse of the Day 2/8

Through the Bible - Leviticus 7 -8, Matthew 28
Good morning,
For today's verse we'll fast forward in the book of Matthew to chapter 26.
Think back a couple of days to Matthew 4 when Satan tempted Jesus with "all of the kingdoms of the world". Jesus had withstood the temptations by holding to the Word of God and the will of the Father. Now He is doing the same as He is being betrayed, facing the trial at the hands of the high priest and council.
As in the temptation in chapter 4, Jesus could have called on "legions of angels" to deliver Him, but He didn't. Still holding to the Word of God and the will of the Father.
Matt 26: 53 Or do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He will provide Me with more than twelve legions of angels? 54 How then could the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must happen thus?" NKJV
God had foreordained the very minutest details of how Jesus would die. His dying was the ultimate submission to the Father's will. Jesus was in total control of the situation while those around Him who thought that they were in charge were about to completely fulfill the details of the prophets of the Old Testament.
All of this for you and me. Where would we be without Him?
He wouldn't take any shortcuts, for how "else would the scripture be fulfilled"?
He came and did this for you? Where is your allegience?


My Journey -
Mahalak Et Meradep - Journey of a follower (of Christ)
None but Jesus by Hillsong United
August 5, 2006

In the quiet, in the stillness
I know that You are God
In the secret of Your presence
I know there I am restored

When You call I won’t refuse
Each new day again I’ll choose
There is no one else for me
None but JesusCrucified to set me free

Now I live to bring Him praise
In the chaos, in confusion
I know You’re Sovereign still
In the moment of my weakness
You give me grace to do Your will

So when You call I won’t delay
This my song through all my days
There is no one else for me
None but JesusCrucified to set me free
Now I live to bring Him praise

All my delight is in You Lord
All of my hope, all of my strength
All my delight is in You Lord Forevermore

In Christ,
Mike

Matt 26:47-57
Betrayal and Arrest in Gethsemane(Mark 14:43-52; Luke 22:47-53; John 18:1-11)
47 And while He was still speaking, behold, Judas, one of the twelve, with a great multitude with swords and clubs, came from the chief priests and elders of the people.
48 Now His betrayer had given them a sign, saying, "Whomever I kiss, He is the One; seize Him." 49 Immediately he went up to Jesus and said, "Greetings, Rabbi!" and kissed Him.
50 But Jesus said to him, "Friend, why have you come?"
Then they came and laid hands on Jesus and took Him. 51 And suddenly, one of those who were with Jesus stretched out his hand and drew his sword, struck the servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear.
52 But Jesus said to him, "Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword. 53 Or do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He will provide Me with more than twelve legions of angels? 54 How then could the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must happen thus?"
55 In that hour Jesus said to the multitudes, "Have you come out, as against a robber, with swords and clubs to take Me? I sat daily with you, teaching in the temple, and you did not seize Me.
56 But all this was done that the Scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled."
Then all the disciples forsook Him and fled.
NKJV

No comments: