Monday, August 26, 2019

Verse of the Day 8/26

Verse of the Day 8/26


Psalm 139:17-18 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!

How great is the sum of them!
18??If??I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You.?????? New King James Version (NKJV)

When I read these verses yesterday in the sermon notes at church, what caught my attention was one little two letter word, "to".?? At first glance or thought, we may think mainly of how God's word, the Bible; the collections of His thoughts; are to me as I read them.?? But I believe, as The Passion Translation states (below), these thoughts are toward me, He is thinking of you and I, constantly.?? It brings the "how precious" to a new level.?? That thought should truly be precious to us.

Thomas Brooks writes:

Ah! the Word of the Lord is . . .    a light to guide you,    a counselor to counsel you,    a comforter to comfort you,    a staff to support you,    a sword to defend you,     a physician to cure you!     The Word is . . .     a mine to enrich you,    a robe to clothe you,     a crown to crown you.     bread to strengthen you,     wine to cheer you,     a honeycomb to feast you,     music to delight you,     a paradise to entertain you!    Oh! therefore, before all and above all:    search the Scripture,    study the Scripture,    meditate on the Scripture,    delight in the Scripture,    treasure up the Scripture!     When you think of how vast God's word is and that His thoughts are towards you; for you?  What does that make you feel?  Loved.    Here is love, vast as the ocean  Lovingkindness as the flood  When the Prince of Life, our Ransom  Shed for us His precious blood  Who His love will not remember?  Who can cease to sing His praise?  He can never be forgotten  Throughout Heav'n's eternal days    On the mount of crucifixion  Fountains opened deep and wide  Through the floodgates of God's mercy  Flowed a vast a gracious tide  Grace and love, like mighty rivers  Poured incessant from above  And Heav'n's peace and perfect justice  Kissed a guilty world in love???????????????????? (Matt Redman)  

May we not forget or neglect His Word, the testimony of the vastness of His love.

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Psalm 139:17-24??The Passion Translation (TPT)

17???18??Every single moment you are thinking of me!
How precious and wonderful to consider
that you cherish me constantly in your every thought!
O God, your desires toward me are more
than the grains of sand on every shore!
When I awake each morning, you???re still with me.
19??O God, come and slay these bloodthirsty, murderous men!
For I cry out, ???Depart from me, you wicked ones!???
20??See how they blaspheme your sacred name
and lift up themselves against you, but all in vain!
21??Lord, can???t you see how I despise those who despise you?
For I grieve when I see them rise up against you.
22??I have nothing but complete hatred and disgust for them.
Your enemies shall be my enemies!
23??God, I invite your searching gaze into my heart.
Examine me through and through;
find out everything that may be hidden within me.
Put me to the test and sift through all my anxious cares.
24??See if there is any path of pain I???m walking on,
and lead me back to your glorious, everlasting ways???
the path that brings me back to you.

No comments: