Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Verse of the Day 8/7

Verse of the Day 8/7

Psalm 143:8???? Let the dawning day bring me revelation

of your tender, unfailing love.
Give me light for my path and teach me, for I trust in you.?? The Passion Translation (TPT)

As I read in the mornings it is dark outside with sky just beginning to brighten.?? As it does the clouds are illuminated by the sun in different shades, revealing something about the day to come.?? Spending time in God's Word every day, especially in the early morning helps to prepare us for the day.?? It encourages, reminds us, and challenges us to take the right path for the day.

How?? good does it feel when you head off to work and your spouse gives you an encouraging word and (hopefully) a hug and a kiss before you go??? It grounds you and reminds you of what is important in life.?? So it is with God's Word and spending time in it will help guide us for the rest of that day.

I mentioned the hymn "All the Way My Savior Leads Me" yesterday, but ended up posting another song.?? The hymn remained in my mind this morning and goes along with the thoughts of today.

All the way my Savior leads me;
What have I to ask beside
Can I doubt His tender mercy,
Who through life has been my guide?
Heavenly peace, divinest comfort,
Here by faith in Him to dwell!
For I know what ???er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well;
For I know what ???er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well.

All the way my Savior leads me;
Cheers each winding path I tread,
Gives me grace for every trial,
Feeds me with the living bread;
Though my weary steps may falter,
And my soul athirst may be,
Gushing from the Rock before me,
Lo! A spring of joy I see;
Gushing from the Rock before me,
Lo! A spring of joy I see.

"A quiet hour spent alone with God at the beginning of the day, is the best beginning for the toils and cares of the day. A brief season of prayer, looking to God for wisdom and grace and strength, and seeking the assistance of the Holy Spirit--helps us to carry our religion into all of the events of the day. It brings joy and peace within the heart.    And as we place all our concerns in the care and keeping of the Lord, faithfully striving to do His will--we have a joyful trust that however dark or discouraging events may appear--our Father's hand is guiding everything, and will give the wisest direction to all our toils."  Author unknown
--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Psalm 143:6-12??New King James Version (NKJV)

6??I spread out my hands to You;
My soul??longs??for You like a thirsty land.??Selah

7??Answer me speedily, O??Lord;
My spirit fails!
Do not hide Your face from me,
Lest I??[a]be like those who??[b]go down into the pit.
8??Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness??in the morning,
For in You do I trust;
Cause me to know the way in which I should walk,
For??I lift up my soul to You.

9??Deliver me, O??Lord, from my enemies;
[c]In You I take shelter.
10??Teach me to do Your will,
For You??are??my God;
Your Spirit??is??good.
Lead me in??the land of uprightness.

11??Revive me, O??Lord, for Your name???s sake!
For Your righteousness??? sake bring my soul out of trouble.
12??In Your mercy??cut[d]??off my enemies,
And destroy all those who afflict my soul;
For I??am??Your servant.

No comments: