Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Verse of the Day 8/6

Verse of the Day 8/6

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,

And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.  New King James Version (NKJV)


Today's verses from Proverbs chapter 3 give some of the most sound, wisdsom filled advice given by King Solomon.  We've been considering our Christian walk and the key element in that is to trust.  In trusting there is reliance upon God.  All to often we tend to "lean on", rely on; our own understanding  which often leads down the wrong path and the resulting consequences.  How much better off we are when we lean on Him.
As we do He will direct us along the path that He has charted,

That path will not always be smooth, it may be very rough at times, still we are to lean on, to trust in the goodness of God.   I had a song in mind for this post, "All the Way My Savior Leads Me" but another song came across my path from my wife Jean who been going through some cancer treatments and has not had a good last few days.   She posted a song on Facebook this morning - "The Goodness of God" by Bethel Music.

I love You, Lord
For Your mercy never failed me
All my days, I've been held in Your hands
From the moment that I wake up
Until I lay my head
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God
And all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God
I love Your voice
You have led me through the fire
And in darkest night You are close like no other
I've known You as a Father
I've known You as a Friend
And I have lived in the goodness of God, yeah!


David Jeremiah writes, "How remarkable that the same hand that guides the course of history also directs the circumstances of the lives of His children. Joseph was a man who yielded his life to the providential plan of God, and he became blessed and greatly used. God is in control of the tides of time; let Him also order the days of your life. "

We lean, we hope, we trust and realize that we have been blessed and will be blessed upon the path that He leads us.

Blessings,

Mike

Proverbs 3:5-6 The Passion Translation (TPT)

Wisdom's Guidance

Trust in the Lord completely,
and do not rely on your own opinions.
With all your heart rely on him to guide you,
and he will lead you in every decision you make.
Become intimate with him in whatever you do,
and he will lead you wherever you go.




Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: