Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Verse of the Day e3/2

Verse of the Day 3/2

Philippians 4:19-20. English Standard Version



19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 20 To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.


Today's verses bring to a close the teaching portion in Paul's letter to the Philippian church.   I read the verses in the Today in the Word devotional on Sunday which closed out a month of devotionals in Philippians.  Along with it there was a photo of three sparrows sitting on a tree branch.  Seeing that picture immediately reminded me of the song sung by Larnell Harris, "His Eye is on the Sparrow".

The verses are ones that we should read and think of often that God will supply every "need" that we have.  This includes food, clothing and all other necessities of life.  He provides these from His unlimited resources.  

Sometimes we may feel that we are too insignificant for God to be concerned with us.  David felt the same way in Psalm 8 when he asked "what is man that you are mindful of Him?"  But He is, so much so that He sent His Son that through Him we may have eternal life and everything we need for eternity as well.

If you are feeling down or discouraged, seek the Lord.  He will provide what you need.

Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,  Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heaven and home,  When Jesus is my portion? My constant friend is He:  His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;  His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.    I sing because I'm happy,  I sing because I'm free,  For His eye is on the sparrow,  And I know He watches me.    "Let not your heart be troubled," His tender word I hear,  And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;  Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;  His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;  His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

Hebrews 4:16 English Standard Version



16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need



Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Philippians 4:10-19
English Standard Version

God's Provision

10 I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. 11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

14 Yet it was kind of you to share[a] my trouble. 15 And you Philippians yourselves know that in the beginning of the gospel, when I left Macedonia, no church entered into partnership with me in giving and receiving, except you only. 16 Even in Thessalonica you sent me help for my needs once and again. 17 Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that increases to your credit.[b]




 18 I have received full payment, and more. I am well supplied, having received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent, a fragrant offering, a sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God. 19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.









No comments: