Saturday, April 16, 2022

Verse of the Day 4/16

Verse of the Day 4/16

Jeremiah 29:11-12
New International Versio



11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

Today's verses are comforting ones for us and are often used as "stand alone" verses without thought of the context.  While the verses do apply to us individually it is important to look at the context.  They were given to the prophet to deliver to the nation of Israel while they were in exile in Babylon.

In the world today, there are many living in exile.  There are millions who have had to leave their homeland in Ukraine and are uncertain about when they may return.  There are many that have left their homes and come here from various countries in hopes of a better life.  The words of the prophet can apply to them.  The key to it is found in verses 13 and 14 where the Lord says when you "will call on me and pray to me" and when "you seek me with all your heart".  It was about "seeking the peace and prosperity" of their current dwelling.  The Lord would meet them where they are and take care of them.

No matter where you are, if you are seeking Him, God has plans "for you".  He is for you, that realization itself should give you hope for the future.



Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV


Jeremiah 29:10-14
New International Version

10 This is what the Lord says: "When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity.
 I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."

No comments: