Sunday, April 24, 2022

Verse of the Day 4/24

Verse of the Day 4/24

1 Peter 2:9
English Standard Version



But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

It is a beautiful spring morning in North Carolina.  Looking out from my back screened in porch, the sunshine came streaming in through the red bud leaves and green leaves of other trees, birds were singing, flowers blooming and trees are blossoming.  I then read today's verse in my devotions and couldn't help but think of the marvelous light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
In contrast, the crawl space in our home is directly below the back porch.  In there, it is dark and damp, there are cob webs, spiders and who knows what else crawling around down there.  Who would choose to spend the day down there instead of out in the glorious light?  In spiritual terms, who knowingly would avoid the light of the Word but exchange it for the darkness that is rampant in our world?  Thankfully, we've been called out of darkness into His marvelous light "that we may proclaim it".
May we sing of His mercies and His marvelous light today.
I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever,
I will sing, I will sing;
What a mercy that I am in the church forever;
I will sing of the mercies of the Lord.
 With my mouth will I make known
Thy faithfulness, Thy faithfulness,
With my mouth will I make known
Thy faithfulness to all generations.
2
I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever,
I will sing, I will sing;
What a mercy that I am in the church forever;
I will sing of the mercies of the Lord.






Blessings,
Mikei

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

1 Peter 2:9-12
New International Version

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

Living Godly Lives in a Pagan Society

11 Dear friends, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul. 12 Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.


No comments: