Friday, July 1, 2022

Verse of the Day 7/1

Verse of the Day 7/1

Psalm 51:12
English Standard Version



12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
    and uphold me with a willing spirit.


I have a classic car and enjoy watching YouTube videos such as "Will it Run" where people take cares that have been sitting in barns, under tarps or even sitting in a field for 20, 30, or even 50 years and see if they can get them to turn over and start.  From there, they may be worthy of a complete restoration.

Reading today's verse reminded me of that.  To get the engine to turn over there must be a spark generated, fuel to be ignited and oil in the engine so that it can turn. When these things are present and power is run through the distributor and starter the engine turns, coughs and suddenly comes back to life.

So it is with our hearts when they are in need of revival.  I like the way the Eugene Peterson paraphrases the passage where he states, "shape a Genesis work in me from the chaos of my life".  That shaping begins with that spark from God's Word.

Pastor Greg Laurie writes, "Periodically, we need a spiritual reboot. Revival is like the spark that starts the engine. We need God to intervene, and we need to keep fuel on the fire……revival is the spark that starts the fire we keep feeding, ... we need to feed the fire of revival. And we start by refueling ourselves spiritually. "

Read the passage below.  Does your life seem like "chaos" right now?  Let God do a Genesis work in your life, re-shaping it according to His purposes.




Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com



Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Psalm 51:10-15
The Message



7-15 Soak me in your laundry and I'll come out clean,
    scrub me and I'll have a snow-white life.
Tune me in to foot-tapping songs,
    set these once-broken bones to dancing.
Don't look too close for blemishes,
    give me a clean bill of health.
God, make a fresh start in me,
    shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life.
Don't throw me out with the trash,
    or fail to breathe holiness in me.
Bring me back from gray exile,
    put a fresh wind in my sails!
Give me a job teaching rebels your ways
    so the lost can find their way home.
Commute my death sentence, God, my salvation God,
    and I'll sing anthems to your life-giving ways.
Unbutton my lips, dear God;
    I'll let loose with your praise.


No comments: