Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Verse of the Day 7/27

Verse of the Day 7/27

Psalm 104:31-32
English Standard Version



31 May the glory of the Lord endure forever;
    may the Lord rejoice in his works,
32 who looks on the earth and it trembles,
    who touches the mountains and they smoke!

I had the privilege this past weekend to be in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, driving along the Blue Ridge Parkway offered some majestic views, from the mountains and the valleys.  The mornings and evenings are especially beautiful as you see the mists between the mountains which create the "blue ridges" that you see.

Many people that I spoke with recognize that this is all part of God's creation and praise God for it, rejoicing in His works.

John Piper writes, "God means for us to be stunned and awed by his work of creation. But not for its own sake. He means for us to look at his creation and say: If the mere work of his fingers (just his fingers! Psalm 8:3) is so full of wisdom and power and grandeur and majesty and beauty, what must this God be like in himself!....These are but the backside of his glory, as it were, darkly seen through a glass. What will it be to see the glory of the Creator himself! Not just his works! A billion galaxies will not satisfy the human soul. God and God alone is the soul's end."

The view of God's handiwork on the outside should make us stop and consider what He has done in us and for us.  Just as He touched the mountains and they smoke, so He has touched our hearts and makes us whole.

Lord of Eternity  Blessed is the man  Who walks in Your favor  Who loves all Your words  And hides them like treasure  In the darkest place  Of his desperate heart,  They are a light  A strong, sure light.    Sometimes I call out Your name  But I cannot find You.  I look for Your face,  But You are not there.  By my sorrows, Lord,  Lift me to You,  Lift me to Your side.       [Chorus:]  Lord of Eternity,  Father of mercy,  Look on my fainting soul.  Keeper of all the stars,  Friend of the poorest heart  Touch me and make me whole.    (Lord of Eternity - Fernando Ortega)






Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Psalm 104:31-35
English Standard Version



31 May the glory of the Lord endure forever;
    may the Lord rejoice in his works,
32 who looks on the earth and it trembles,
    who touches the mountains and they smoke!
33 I will sing to the Lord as long as I live;
    I will sing praise to my God while I have being.
34 May my meditation be pleasing to him,
    for I rejoice in the Lord.
35 Let sinners be consumed from the earth,
    and let the wicked be no more!
Bless the Lord, O my soul!
Praise the Lord!



No comments: