Monday, July 11, 2022

Verse of the Day 7/11

Verse of the Day 7/11

Genesis 39:23
English Standard Version



23 The keeper of the prison paid no attention to anything that was in Joseph's charge, because the Lord was with him. And whatever he did, the Lord made it succeed.



Two of my favorite verses from the book of Proverbs care verses 3:5-6 where we are told to "trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding,... in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight."  Yesterday we considered Jesus' call in Matthew 11, "come to me" and "learn from" me which resulted in peace and rest.

Joseph's life as depicted in Genesis was full of ups and downs and twists and turns but through it all Joseph trusted in God, didn't lean into his own understanding but acknowledged God and God saw him through. You've heard people say "in the long run", well the long run in Joseph's life was a marathon, but the Lord "was with" Joseph each step of the way.

I pray that you can look back over your life and see how God has been with you each step of the way in your "long run" or marathon.  If you've been trying to do it on your own, there's still time to heed Jesus' call from yesterday, "come to me".  If you do, He will be with youl.

Fannie Crosby wrote "All the Way My Savior Leads Me".  If the song had been around in Joseph's time, I believe he would have sung it.

  1. All the way my Savior leads me,
    What have I to ask beside?
    Can I doubt His tender mercy,
    Who through life has been my Guide?
    Heav'nly peace, divinest comfort,
    Here by faith in Him to dwell!
    For I know, whate'er befall me,
    Jesus doeth all things well;
    For I know, whate'er befall me,
    Jesus doeth all things well.
  2. All the way my Savior leads me,
    Cheers each winding path I tread,
    Gives me grace for every trial,
    Feeds me with the living Bread.
    Though my weary steps may falter
    And my soul athirst may be,
    Gushing from the Rock before me,
    Lo! A spring of joy I see;
    Gushing from the Rock before me,
    Lo! A spring of joy I see.


Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Genesis 39:19-23
English Standard Version

19 As soon as his master heard the words that his wife spoke to him, "This is the way your servant treated me," his anger was kindled. 20 And Joseph's master took him and put him into the prison, the place where the king's prisoners were confined, and he was there in prison. 21 But the Lord was with Joseph and showed him steadfast love and gave him favor in the sight of the keeper of the prison. 22 And the keeper of the prison put Joseph in charge of all the prisoners who were in the prison. Whatever was done there, he was the one who did it. 23 The keeper of the prison paid no attention to anything that was in Joseph's charge, because the Lord was with him. And whatever he did, the Lord made it succeed.


No comments: