Saturday, December 26, 2009

Verse of the Day 12/26

Through the Bible - Zechariah 4-9, Revelation 18
 
Good morning,
I am sure that everyone has heard at least something of the healthcare "universal healthcare"  debate that is going on in this country.  Everyone is concerned about their healthcare, but sadly very few seem to be concerned about their eternal healthcare.  Passage of a bill would bring comfort to many, that for whatever reason, do not have coverage.
 
But what is their comfort beyond this life?
 
The Heidelberg Cathecism starts off by asking the question.
 
Question 1. What is thy only comfort in life and death?

Answer: That I with body and soul, both in life and death, (a) am not my own, (b) but belong unto my faithful Saviour Jesus Christ; (c) who, with his precious blood, has fully satisfied for all my sins, (d) and delivered me from all the power of the devil; (e) and so preserves me (f) that without the will of my heavenly Father, not a hair can fall from my head; (g) yea, that all things must be subservient to my salvation, (h) and therefore, by his Holy Spirit, He also assures me of eternal life, (i) and makes me sincerely willing and ready, henceforth, to live unto him. (j)

I had read this and then this morning I was reading in Psalm 94 when the following verses caught my attention.  They will be this weekends verses.
 
Ps 94:14 For the Lord will not cast off His people,
Nor will He forsake His inheritance.
15 But judgment will return to righteousness,
And all the upright in heart will follow it.   NKJV

or from the NLT:
Ps 94:14 The Lord will not reject his people;
he will not abandon his special possession.
15 Judgment will again be founded on justice,
and those with virtuous hearts will pursue it.  NLT
 
The Lord won't reject, forget His people, any more than He would deny Himself,  He has provided "coverage", paid the price in full.   The debate on healthcare has yet to be settled, but our eternal "coverage" can be settled once and for all who will turn to Him.
 
Until death comes, or Christ returns, will you live in the comfort of Christ's death and resurrection, or will you live in fear, not knowing what will happen when you face God on the day of judgement?
 
1 Cor 6:19 Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, 20 for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.  NLT
 
2 Tim 2:13 If we are faithless,
He remains faithful;
He cannot deny Himself.   NKJV



In Christ,
Mike
mikevw@bellsouth.net
http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV
Ps 94:8-20
 
8 Understand, you senseless among the people;
And you fools, when will you be wise?
9 He who planted the ear, shall He not hear?
He who formed the eye, shall He not see?
10 He who instructs the nations, shall He not correct,
He who teaches man knowledge?
11 The Lord knows the thoughts of man,
That they are futile.
 
12 Blessed is the man whom You instruct, O Lord,
And teach out of Your law,
13 That You may give him rest from the days of adversity,
Until the pit is dug for the wicked.
14 For the Lord will not cast off His people,
Nor will He forsake His inheritance.
15 But judgment will return to righteousness,
And all the upright in heart will follow it.
 
16 Who will rise up for me against the evildoers?
Who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?
17 Unless the Lord had been my help,
My soul would soon have settled in silence.
18 If I say, "My foot slips,"
Your mercy, O Lord, will hold me up.
19 In the multitude of my anxieties within me,
Your comforts delight my soul.  
NKJV

No comments: