Monday, December 26, 2011

Verse of the Day 10/26

Verse of the Day 12/26
 
Philippians 4:13 (AMP) I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].
 
Years ago a gasoline company used to advertise by saying "put a tiger in your tank" inferring that if you used their gasoline that you'd experience more out of your car.  The picture was that of the power, agility, and speed of a tiger infused into your car, bringing new life to your tired old beater.
 
Yesterday in the passage in Acts  1 we considered the presence of the Holy Spirit's power that is available to us and living in us.  In today's verse, the word used for "empowers" means to put power in.  Christ infuses His power into us.
MacArthur writes that "because believers are in Christ (Gal. 2:20) He infuses them with His strength to sustain them until they receive some provision (Eph. 3:16-20).
 
These last few weeks around Christmas I'm sure we've all heard references in song and in scripture about Emmanuel, God is with us.  If we are Christians, He is with us, His presence, His power, His strength is available to us to sustain us through all situations.
 
What challenges are you facing today?  May we all be able to draw upon His power, to have the strength for all things in Christ who empowers us. 
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV

Philippians 4:10-13 (ESV) God's Provision

 10 I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. 11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

No comments: