Sunday, April 5, 2015

Verse of the Day 4/5


Revelation 1:18 I am the living one. I died, but look—I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave.  New Living Translation (NLT)

Happy Easter! 
He is risen, He is risen indeed!  How many of you have celebrated Easter already having made that statement.
As I read today's verse this morning, especially from the New Living Translation, the old hymn "My Faith Has Found a Resting Place" and the statement "I trust the Ever-Living One".

My faith has found a resting place,
  Not in device nor creed;
I trust the Ever-living One,
  His wounds for me shall plead

I need no other argument,
  I need no other plea;
It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me

Yesterday in that in between time there were three different groups of people who had very different thoughts.  The Jewish leaders had a sense of relief in that this trouble maker Jesus had been done away with once and for all and that their "religious" life, their system would come back to order.  The Roman leaders probably has similar feelings that the religious/political agitator was out of the way and things in the community would return to normal.  Jesus followers, His disciples felt dejected, disillusioned and wondered how all this could have happened..

But on this morning things changed.  He arose!  He rose again to show that HE has the keys over death and the grave.

Aaron Jeoffrey sing a song "The Keys Please" which goes something like this - "I Am the resurrection and the life, if you believe in Me you'll never, never die, when I faced the devil he fell to his knees, before I rise again I'll take the keys please".

The religious leaders, the Roman leaders and Satan himself thought that they had won it, that they held the keys.  Easter revealed then and still does, that Jesus is the Ever Living one and that He still holds the keys,  "they open and lock Death's doors, they open and lock Hell's gates. (The Message) Do you believe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXIh-IFkf4g

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Revelation 1:18The Message (MSG)

17-20 "Don't fear: I am First, I am Last, I'm Alive. I died, but I came to life, and my life is now forever. See these keys in my hand? They open and lock Death's doors, they open and lock Hell's gates. Now write down everything you see: things that are, things about to be. The Seven Stars you saw in my right hand and the seven-branched gold menorah—do you want to know what's behind them? The Seven Stars are the Angels of the seven churches; the menorah's seven branches are the seven churches."

  

No comments: