Sunday, May 10, 2015

Verse of the Day 5/10


Psalm 143:8Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love,   for in you I trust.

Make me know the way I should go,   for to you I lift up my soul.  English Standard Version (ESV)

Happy Mother's Day!  Most mothers probably heard or will hear from their husbands and children today of how they are loved.  With husband and wife it was probably the first thing that happened  this morning.  There is no better way to start the day than to affirm our love for one another.

The psalmist in today's verse, longed to hear the "steadfast" love of the Lord.  It wouldn't come magically on it's own or as an audible voice, but it would come from His Word.  It word be heard by someone  who themselves was steadfast, devout in their love of the Lord.

There was a song out years ago, I believe that it was by Olivia Newton John, "Hopelessly Devoted to You".  Those words are words of a steadfast love.  It should be a two way street between us and God.  The difference in this love versus what is in that song is that instead of being "hopeless" , on our end it is actually "hopeful", full of hope for today, for tomorrow and for eternity.  His love will never fail for He is steadfast in His love for us.  It is to Him that we lift up our souls today as we go to  worship.

Express your love to your mom and to your spouse today, give thanks to God for them "from your inner self" (Amplified Bible)  and show your steadfast love to them and to God today.
--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Psalm 143:7-9Amplified Bible (AMP)

Answer me speedily, O Lord, for my spirit fails; hide not Your face from me, lest I become like those who go down into the pit (the grave).

Cause me to hear Your loving-kindness in the morning, for on You do I leanand in You do I trust. Cause me to know the way wherein I should walk, for I lift up my inner self to You.

Deliver me, O Lord, from my enemies; I flee to You to hide me.

  

No comments: