Thursday, January 14, 2016

Verse of the Day 1/14

 
 
Psalm 26:8  I love your sanctuary, Lord,
    the place where your glorious presence dwells.   New Living Translation (NLT)
After a challenging week in our world, in the workplace, in the community where we encounter daily challenges to our faith, the church can definitely be the sanctuary, where we hear from God's Word, sing praises to Him, go to Him in prayer, corporate and personal, and glory in the presence of the Lord.  We need that.  Too long without it and we will find it increasingly difficult to walk with the Lord in integrity and not become "hypocrites", "people of falsehood" or worse.  We need to glory in His presence.
 
Other translations refer to "the habitation of your house and the place your glory dwells" in the place of sanctuary.  While this very well could refer to the actual sanctuary it can also apply to our personal place where we meet with the Lord, hopefully, on a daily basis.  His glory may dwell there as well as we come before Him, seek Him in His Word and in prayer and offer praise before Him before we head out each day into the world filled with the likes of those described in the beginning of the psalm.  Centuries have passed, the world is faster, but the hearts and the attributes of the world are still the same and the challenges to walking in integrity are as well.
Whether it be in the actual sanctuary of our church, or in the prayer closet or living room recliner, may we "love the place where His glory dwells" and go there regularly to draw near to the heart of God.
 
There is a place of quiet rest, 
near to the heart of God; 
a place where sin cannot molest, 
near to the heart of God. 
Refrain: 
O Jesus, blest Redeemer, 
sent from the heart of God, 
hold us who wait before thee 
near to the heart of God. 
 
Blessings,
Mike
Psalm 26:1-10The Message (MSG)
A David Psalm
26 Clear my name, God;
    I've kept an honest shop.
I've thrown in my lot with you, God, and
    I'm not budging.
    Examine me, God, from head to foot,
    order your battery of tests.
Make sure I'm fit
    inside and out
    So I never lose
    sight of your love,
But keep in step with you,
    never missing a beat.
4-5     I don't hang out with tricksters,
    I don't pal around with thugs;
I hate that pack of gangsters,
    I don't deal with double-dealers.
6-7     I scrub my hands with purest soap,
    then join hands with the others in the great circle,
    dancing around your altar, God,
Singing God-songs at the top of my lungs,
    telling God-stories.
8-10     God, I love living with you;
    your house glows with your glory.
When it's time for spring cleaning,
    don't sweep me out with the quacks and crooks,
Men with bags of dirty tricks,
    women with purses stuffed with bribe-money.
 
 
 
 
 Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: