Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Verse of the Day 1/18

Verse of the Day 1/18

John 14:26   But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.  English Standard Version (ESV)

 Yesterday we considered how important it was to spend time with God, to take time  out from the busyness of the day can commune with God in prayer and in His Word.  When we do so God's presences will go with us in the form of the Holy Spirit referred to in today's verse.  When I am in this passage, i normally focus on the following verse, verse 27 which tells us "do not  let your heart be troubled", that His peace will be given to us and left with us.

 The part that I'd like to focus on today is the statement that Jesus would "bring to remembrance all that I have said to you".  That time that you spend with God in prayer, in His Word, studying and applying it in our lives counts.  When the time is right, when we need it most, in times of trials and temptations those things, those verses that we've learned will be there for us. 

Twice in this chapter, like bookends, Jesus makes that statement "let not your hearts be troubled"and in between He tells us that He is preparing a place for us, that His Spirit will be with us and in verse 23 He says,  "If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."

Think about that last statement, "we will come to him and make our home with him".  Isn't that something that you want in your life?  Seek Him, spend time with God in prayer, seek Jesus in the Word and the Holy Spirit will guide us through it.

  1. Just when I need Him, Jesus is near,
    Just when I falter, just when I fear;
    Ready to help me, ready to cheer,
    Just when I need Him most.
    • Refrain:
      Just when I need Him most,
      Just when I need Him most,
      Jesus is near to comfort and cheer,
      Just when I need Him most.
  2. Just when I need Him, Jesus is true,
    Never forsaking, all the way through;
    Giving for burdens pleasures anew,
    Just when I need Him most.
  3. Just when I need Him, Jesus is strong,
    Bearing my burdens all the day long;
    For all my sorrow giving a song,
    Just when I need Him most.
  4. Just when I need Him, He is my all,
    Answering when upon Him I call;
    Tenderly watching lest I should fall,
    Just when I need Him most.

James 4:8 says "draw near to God and He will draw near to you" and He will be there when you need Him most.
--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

John 14:26-27 

25-27 "I'm telling you these things while I'm still living with you. The Friend, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send at my request, will make everything plain to you. He will remind you of all the things I have told you. I'm leaving you well and whole. That's my parting gift to you. Peace. I don't leave you the way you're used to being left—feeling abandoned, bereft. So don't be upset. Don't be distraught.  The Message (MSG)
  

No comments: