Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Verse of the Day 10/25

 
Verse of the Day 10/25
 
Psalm 94:19  In the multitude of my anxieties within me,
Your comforts delight my soul. 
New King James Version (NKJV)
 
Even though I have faith in God and trust in Him, there are times when I wake up in the middle of the night with a multitude of things running, no, racing through my mind.  Today's verse uses the word "anxieties", other translations say cares and worries, I think that we can relate to any of them.
 
As I read today's verse in my daily reading  in the Psalms, I couldn't help but think back to yesterday's post with the thoughts of our longings and the song "There's Within My Heart a Melody".  Many times when I feel those anxieties, God's Word and hymns come to mind and help to relieve those anxieties and tensions.  That song states how Jesus whispers sweet and low "fear not, I am with thee, peace be still"  in all of life's ebb and flow.  That ebb and flow includes those restless nights.
 
As with yesterday's passage in John 4, we may come to Him with worries and anxieties about relatively mundane things, but there are deeper issues within.  He can bring relief to all of them from the  spring of living waters to refresh, restore and renew and giving us a perspective that allows us to see to a brighter day and a life without end.
 
I'll close with the final stanza from "There's Within My Heart a Melody" , it  should be a comfort for us that delights our soul.
 
Soon he's coming back to welcome me 
far beyond the starry sky; 
I shall wing my flight to worlds unknown; 
I shall reign with him on high. 
 
Psalm 94:19 When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.  New Living Translation
 
Blessings,
 
Mike
 

Psalm 94:17-22New Living Translation (NLT)

17 Unless the Lord had helped me,
    I would soon have settled in the silence of the grave.
18 I cried out, "I am slipping!"
    but your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me.
19 When doubts filled my mind,
    your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.
20 Can unjust leaders claim that God is on their side—
    leaders whose decrees permit injustice?
21 They gang up against the righteous
    and condemn the innocent to death.
22 But the Lord is my fortress;
    my God is the mighty rock where I hide.
 

 Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: