Sunday, April 22, 2018

Verse of the Day 4/22

Verse of the Day 4/22

Psalm 71:14-15   But I will hope continually

    and will praise you yet more and more.
15 My mouth will tell of your righteous acts,
    of your deeds of salvation all the day,
    for their number is past my knowledge.    English Standard Version (ESV)

As I read today's verses I couldn't help but be reminded of one of my son Jeff's sayings, you might say it is his "motto" - he says joyfully, with a smile on his face "hope is my favorite thing to have".  Coming from a man who suffered a traumatic brain injury as a teenager, which left him disabled adds to the significance of it.  This hope that he has is in Jesus, it is a hope for today and a hope for his future, here and for eternity.  Jeff know's whose he is and where he is going.

When we go to church, I don't know of anyone that shouts God's praise louder or more joyfully.  He loves being in God's house.  He won't complain about the music, he loves singing the old hymns and new ones played on electric guitars and drums. 

Oh that we could have that attitude and the attitude expressed by the psalmist in Psalm 71, to hope continually and look forward in hope to praise him more and more each passing day, each passing moment.

Day by day, and with each passing moment,
Strength I find to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment,
I've no cause for worry or for fear.
He, whose heart is kind beyond all measure,
Gives unto each day what He deems best,
Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.

Every day the Lord Himself is near me,
With a special mercy for each hour;
All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me,
He whose name is Counsellor and Pow'r.
The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
"As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure,"
This the pledge to me He made.
3
Help me then, in every tribulation,
So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith's sweet consolation,
Offered me within Thy holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
E'er to take, as from a father's hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till with Christ the Lord I stand.


Jeff has this "hope" by faith's sweet consolation.  May we have that hope, may we have that faith, may we sing His praise.


--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Psalm 71:14-18 New Living Translation (NLT)

14 But I will keep on hoping for your help;
    I will praise you more and more.
15 I will tell everyone about your righteousness.
    All day long I will proclaim your saving power,
    though I am not skilled with words.[a]
16 I will praise your mighty deeds, O Sovereign Lord.
    I will tell everyone that you alone are just.

17 O God, you have taught me from my earliest childhood,
    and I constantly tell others about the wonderful things you do.
18 Now that I am old and gray,
    do not abandon me, O God.
Let me proclaim your power to this new generation,
    your mighty miracles to all who come after me.

No comments: