Thursday, September 19, 2019

Verse of the Day 9//19

Verse of the Day 9/19

Isaiah 41:14 Though you are a lowly worm, O Jacob,

????????don???t be afraid, people of Israel, for I will help you.
I am the??Lord, your Redeemer.
????????I am the Holy One of Israel.??????????? New Living Translation (NLT)

Worms are probably considered to be among the lowest of God's creatures.?? They are not king makers, don't have influence over people and to many, are most useful as fish bait.?? A worm is not the picture of pride.?? But God, through Isaiah, issues this statement that even though they are "lowly", He is with them, He will help them, He will redeem them.

In the English Standard Version (below), three times in the span of a few verses God says "fear not", that should tell us how important this is.?? The Apostle John in chapter 14 conveys the same message when He says "don't let your hearts be troubled" and "don't be afraid".?? They are all calls to trust in the Lord and the power of His might.

The other important factor in this is that we are to call on Him; seek His help; we must desire His help.

I read the following from Charles Spurgeon in relation to this verse.

Do you feel as low as a worm sometimes??? Don't worry, when you are weak, He can make you strong.?? It is a noble thing to seek His help and to be helped by God.

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Isaiah 41:10-14??English Standard Version (ESV)

10??fear not, for I am with you;
????????be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
????????I will uphold you with??my righteous right hand.

11??Behold, all who are incensed against you
????????shall be put to shame and confounded;
those who strive against you
????????shall be as nothing and shall perish.
12??You shall seek those who contend with you,
????????but you shall not find them;
those who war against you
????????shall be as nothing at all.
13??For I, the??Lord??your God,
????????hold your right hand;
it is I who say to you, ???Fear not,
????????I am the one who helps you.???

14??Fear not, you??worm Jacob,
????????you men of Israel!
I am the one who helps you, declares the??Lord;
????????your??Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel.

No comments: