Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Verse of the Day 9/3

Verse of the Day 9/3

1 Peter 2:9 ?? But you are God???s chosen treasure ???priests who are kings, a spiritual ???nation??? set apart as God???s devoted ones. He called you out of darkness to experience his marvelous light, and now he claims you as his very own. He did this so that you would broadcast his glorious wonders??throughout the world.???? The Passion Translation (TPT)

Our Pastor Jarm spoke of this verse in his sermon last Sunday and what caught my attention was the phrase that we are God's "own possession", it is one of those statements that should catch our attention.?? It is spoken of Christians collectively and individually.?? When He says that we are His own possession, or as The Passion Translation states "chosen treasure" it should remind us of who we are and whose we are in Christ.

It raises the question "who do you belong to"??? If you are His, His chosen treasure and possession; what kind of impact should that have on the way we live our lives??? Another important thing to remember about that is that it is not just for the day; for the moment or a period of time in our lives.?? It is for eternity.

Jesus, my Lord will love me forever,
From Him no pow'r of evil can sever,
He gave His life to ransom my soul;
Now I belong to Him;

Once I was lost in sin's degradation,
Jesus came down to bring me salvation,
Lifted me up from sorrow and shame,
Now I belong to Him;

Joy floods my soul for Jesus has saved me,
Freed me from sin that long had enslaved me
His precious blood, He came to redeem,
Now I belong to Him;

Chorus
Now I belong to Jesus,
Jesus belongs to me,
Not for the years of time alone,
But for eternity.

Every morning we should start the day being reminded of who we belong to; whose we are and live in the knowledge and comfort of that.

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

1 Peter 2:7-9??English Standard Version (ESV)

7??So the honor is for you who??believe, but for those who??do not believe,

???The stone that the builders rejected
????????has become the cornerstone,???[a]

8??and

???A stone of stumbling,
????????and a rock of offense.???

They stumble because they disobey the word,??as they were destined to do.

9??But you are??a chosen race,??a royal??priesthood,??a holy nation,??a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you??out of darkness into??his marvelous light.

No comments: