Friday, September 27, 2019

Verse of the Day 9/27

Verse of the Day 9/27

1 Timothy 6:18-19 Remind the wealthy to be rich in good works of extravagant generosity, willing to share with others. 19 This will provide a beautiful foundation for their lives and secure for them a great future, as they lay their hands upon the meaning of true life. The Passion Translation (TPT)

When we first read today's verses we may be tempted to think that they don't apply to us. Many if not most of us, would not consider ourselves as being rich. But in comparison to most of the world and if we consider what we have as Christians, we are richly blessed. Thinking about the fruit of the Spirit in yesterday's post from Galatians 5, verses are a reminder of how that "fruit of the Spirit" is put into practice.

When we consider our giving, would we, would God, consider it "extravagant"? We should be challenged to do more sharing, giving and as we do we'll have more opportunities to share the meaning of life as we share and then witness to others of God's many blessings.

I was blind, now I'm seeing in color
I was dead, now I'm living forever
I had failed, but you were my redeemer
I've been blessed beyond all measure

I was lost, now I'm found by the father
I've been changed from a ruin to treasure
I've been given a hope and a future
I've been blessed beyond all measure

I am counting every blessing, counting every blessing
Letting go and trusting when I cannot see
I am counting every blessing, counting every blessing
Surely every season you are good to me

If you've been given a hope and a future, won't you share it?

Blessings,

Mike

1 Timothy 6:17-21 New King James Version (NKJV)

Instructions to the Rich
17 Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy. 18 Let them do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share, 19 storing up for themselves a good foundation for the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

Guard the Faith
20 O Timothy! Guard what was committed to your trust, avoiding the profane and [a]idle babblings and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge— 21 by professing it some have strayed concerning the faith.



 Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: