Sunday, May 16, 2021

Verse of the Day 5/16

Verse of the Day 5/16

Psalm 121:1-2



 I lift up my eyes to the hills.
    From where does my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
    who made heaven and earth.  English Standard Version


Today's verses came up in a devotional this morning along with a picture of a mountain scene.  The psalm has been on my mind a lot recently.  This Psalm was read at my father's funeral service almost 10 years ago.  I came across it while going through things in preparation of my mom's upcoming memorial service.  I'll plan on reading it at her service as well.

One of the reasons that I'll use it at my mother's service is that it reminds me of the movie "The Sound of Music" which was one of her favorites, and some of the songs from that movie, in particular "Climb Every Mountain".

Climb every mountain
Ford every stream
Follow every mountain (every mountain)
Don't you ever give up, no oh
Climb every mountain (every mountain)
There's a brighter day on the other side
Follow every rainbow
'Till you find your dream

The verse asks the question "where does my strength come from?"   It does not come from the mountains, but from the Lord God, who made the mountains, who has the power and authority over everything on earth.  For those who put their faith in God through Jesus Christ, no matter what challenges we face today or for the rest of our lives here on earth, we trust that there is a brighter day on the other side, where we will see Jesus face to face and we will see the smiles on faces of those who have gone before us.

Read the Psalm 121 below.  May you realize and praise the Lord for being or "Keeper" and the shade on our right hand.  He's never far from us.

Numbers 6:24-26   The Lord bless you and keep you;



25 the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.  ESV





Blessings, 
Mike 

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,
in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Psalm 121
English Standard Version



A Song of Ascents.

121 I lift up my eyes to the hills.
    From where does my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
    who made heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot be moved;
    he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel
    will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord is your keeper;
    the Lord is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
    nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all evil;
    he will keep your life.
The Lord will keep
    your going out and your coming in
    from this time forth and forevermore.



No comments: