Friday, May 28, 2021

Verse of the Day 5/28

Verse of the Day 5/28

Habakkuk 3:18-19 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,



I will joy in the God of my salvation.

19 The Lord God is my strength;
He will make my feet like deer's feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills.  English Standard Version

For today's verse we'll return once more to the book of Habakkuk and the final words that we have from the prophet.  It shows the heart of one who "lives by faith".  The circumstances hadn't changed, there was still the reality of impending invasion of the Chaldeans, but his faith remained unshakeable.  No matter what would happen, he trusted in God for the strength for the day and restoration, whether here or in eternity.

I've shared this before, but I'll do so again. While hunting in the mountains of Colorado I took a stand overlooking  a clear cut where trees had been cut down from a plot of land leaving stumps, branches and other debris.  To traverse this ground on foot would probably taken me an hour with the risk of turning an anchor or worse.  I was watching over this field when 3 mule deer appeared on the other side.  They heard something behind them and took off "bouncing" as mule deer do.  They covered that field in a matter of seconds without missing a beat or a step.  They were made that way by God and learned to apply those "instincts" in their lives, having run through similar fields every day of their lives.

We will encounter "clear cuts" in our lives where to others the field, our lives may appear to be non-navigable.  But yet, realizing that God has been with us before, we trust that He is with us and will be with us come what may, and we press on.  We have His assurance from on high that He is with us.

You may notice (below) that the chapter is actually written as a song and was put to music.  The song that comes to my mind today (which would have been my mom's 89th birthday) is "Blessed Assurance".  We can have the assurance that He will make our feet like deer's feet and walk on those high heavenly hills.


Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine;
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood. 

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.
This is my story, this is my song,
  Praising my Savior all the day long.
2
Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
3
Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest;
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.









Blessings, 
Mike 

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,
in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Habakkuk 3:17-19
New King James Version

17 Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
And there be no herd in the stalls—
18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.

19 The Lord God is my strength;
He will make my feet like deer's feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills.

To the Chief Musician. With my stringed instruments.



No comments: