Monday, February 14, 2022

Verse of the Day 2/14

Verse of the Day 2/14

John 13:34-35 (English Standard Version)
 
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

In yesterday's post, we considered how the Apostle Paul pointed out in 1 Corinthians 13 how love "bears all things; believes all things; hopes all things and endures all things".  It is a pretty tall order but one that is was exemplified by Jesus in his life and in his teaching.  Today's verses are an example of that and can be inserted into the qualities that should be evident in our love for one another as Jesus has loved us.
This passage is towards the end of Jesus' ministry at the last supper and came following his teaching the disciples about servanthood and washing their feet as an example of what they should be willing to do for one another.  He knew where he was headed and that his time was short and I'm sure that everything that was taught to them that night was etched in their memory.  He told them:

John 13:15

 For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you.  ESV


Read the short passage below. Consider what you may do today to love one another as Christ has loved you.



Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

John 13:31-35
English Standard Version

A New Commandment

31 When he had gone out, Jesus said, "Now is the Son of Man glorified, and God is glorified in him. 32 If God is glorified in him, God will also glorify him in himself, and glorify him at once. 33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. You will seek me, and just as I said to the Jews, so now I also say to you, 'Where I am going you cannot come.' 34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. 35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."



No comments: