Sunday, February 20, 2022

Verse of the Day 2/20

Verse of the Day 2/20

Philippians 3:20-21 
New Internatial Version


20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

With all that there is going around us with all the strife and challenges many of us are looking and praying for relief.  It may be in the form of vacation, time with family and friends with no worries of masks;vaccines and social distancing.  We want to go to a place where we'll feel safe and secure from all the alarms going off around us.

As I read today's verses I reflected back on a week that was busy with travel and then a hospital stint for my wife (which is still going on), and knowing others that are battling serious health issues. The thoughts of having an eternal home, free of all of this worlds ailments and trials, and having bodies that are transformed bring comfort and hope and some peace even in the midst of these things.

The other thing to keep in mind and to take away from these verses is that "everything is under his control".  There are no surprises, there are no "oops" when it comes to God.  There are promises that hold like an anchor in these times.  We may have to wait, but there will come a time when we will no longer have worries or cares to consume us.

We sang a song in church this morning that brought this all together for me.  We're a long way from home (our eternal home in heaven) but we're on our way and he is calling us there.  While we're on the way we're encouraged that there are many who are cheering us, praying us on.

How does my broken heart
Keep bringing me back to you again?
Sometimes I fall apart
But you're always there just like a friend
Just like a friend
… There's no doubt about it
I'm on my way home
I'm not yet where I'm going
But I'm a long way from where I was
I hear a choir of angels
Cheering me on
I'm not yet where I'm going
But I'm a long way from where I was
Oh, from where I was!                              (No Doubt About It - We the Kingdom)



Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Philippians 3:15-21
New International Version

Following Paul's Example

15 All of us, then, who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. 16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

17 Join together in following my example,brothers and sisters, and just as you have us as a model, keep your eyes on those who live as we do. 18 For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things. 20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

No comments: