Sunday, June 5, 2022

Verse of the Day 6/5

Verse of the Day 6/5

Proverbs 4:18 Holman Christian Standard Bible



18 The path of the righteous is like the light of dawn,
shining brighter and brighter until midday.

As i was reading today's verse in my devotions this morning, I was sitting at the kitchen table; which faces east; and the sunlight was streaming in across the table, filtered by the leaves of the trees in our backyard.  The forecast for today is for abundant sunshine with a few passing clouds and a high in the low 80's with low humidity as an addd bonus. It was a beautiful setting and a beautiful reminder of the blessings of God shining in our lives through His Word leading us down the path that He has chosen for us.

We won't always have beautiful sunshine outside every day of our lives, but we've seen it and know that even if storm clouds come along, the promise of spring, heading into summer, is for many more days of sunshine.

I'm reminded of a song that I learned as a child in Sunday School.  The words still ring true today.

I Just Keep Trusting My Lord
As I Walk Along,
I Just Keep Trusting My Lord
As He Gives Me A Song.
Though Storm Clouds Darken The Sky
Over The Heavenly Trail
I Just Keep Trusting My Lord
He Will Never Fail.

He's A Faithful Friend  Such A Faithful Friend  I Can Count On Him To The Very End. 

Though the storm clouds darken the sky o'er the heavenly trail, I just keep trusting my Lord He will never fail.

Let His word shine in your life and light up your path today.


Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Proverbs 4:13-19
Holman Christian Standard Bible

13 Hold on to instruction; don't let go.
Guard it, for it is your life.
14 Don't set foot on the path of the wicked;
don't proceed in the way of evil ones.
15 Avoid it; don't travel on it.
Turn away from it, and pass it by.
16 For they can't sleep
unless they have done what is evil;
they are robbed of sleep
unless they make someone stumble.
17 They eat the bread of wickedness
and drink the wine of violence.
18 The path of the righteous is like the light of dawn,
shining brighter and brighter until midday.
19 But the way of the wicked is like the darkest gloom;
they don't know what makes them stumble.




No comments: