Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Verse of the Day 8/1

Verse of the Day 8/1

Isaiah 12:2-3
English Standard Version


"Behold, God is my salvation;
    I will trust, and will not be afraid;
for the Lord God is my strength and my song,
    and he has become my salvation."

With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.

My daily reading in the Old Testament is going through the book of Isaiah, one of my favorite Old Testament books.  I'm sure that you'll see more posts from this book in the coming weeks. Chapter 12 (below) is a song of victory, giving thanks to the Lord for deliverance and restoration.  These verses are good ones to remember, to recite and to sing out whenever we have received deliverance in our lives.  It may be over a health issue; finances; relationships or any number of things.  The verses point to faith, to hope and to the joy experienced.

Notice the little word "is".  The Lord "is" my salvation.  It is not will be, it is not something hoped for, we have it now, God IS my salvation. He  IS my strength and my song. If that is the case we should be ready and willing to sing about it, to testify, to tell others about it so they can experience the same thing.

Drawing from the wells of salvation speaks of God's provision for us, to include the supply of spiritual water when our souls thirst for it. If you haven't experienced this, ask Him to give you a drink.

John 4:10
English Standard Version



10 Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you, 'Give me a drink,' you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water."




Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Isaiah 12
English Standard Version

The Lord Is My Strength and My Song

12 You[a] will say in that day:
"I will give thanks to you, O Lord,
    for though you were angry with me,
your anger turned away,
    that you might comfort me.

"Behold, God is my salvation;
    I will trust, and will not be afraid;
for the Lord God[b] is my strength and my song,
    and he has become my salvation."

With joy you[c] will draw water from the wells of salvation. And you will say in that day:

"Give thanks to the Lord,
    call upon his name,
make known his deeds among the peoples,
    proclaim that his name is exalted.

"Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously;
    let this be made known[d] in all the earth.
Shout, and sing for joy, O inhabitant of Zion,
    for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel."


No comments: