Saturday, October 8, 2022

Verse of the Day 10/8

Verse of the Day 10/8


Jeremiah 33:2-3
English Standard Version

"Thus says the Lord who made the earth, the Lord who formed it to establish it—the Lord is his name: Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.


In yesterday's post we considered the topic of discernment.  A friend asked the question, "can you have discernement without being in the will of God"?  I woiuld say that a person can show discernment in certain areas and situations, but for a life that is discerning requires that the answers and directions in life have to come from the Spirit and the Word of God working in someones' life.

When we want answers in life, we seek oiut those that have a proven track record on a subject, someone with experience, perhaps someon who has "overcome".  There is no One greater than God in this.  The One who made the earth, formed and establishied it has told us " I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things."  What more could you ask for, why wouldn't you go to Him? We can be all tied up with indecision when the Creator has the answers and is waiting for our call to HIm.

David Jeremiah writes, "On days when we feel under pressure or locked up by anxiety and worry, the Lord invites us to simply call to Him.  He comes to us where we are, offering to enter into conversation with us and reveal truths about our lives, our circumstances, and Himself.  No matter how confined or restricted our situation might make us feel, we are united to a God who knows no boundaries, no restrictioons, and no limitations.  He loves us dearly and desires our best."

May we have the discernment to know God's best for us and to praise Him for it.

1 For the beauty of the earth,
for the glory of the skies,
for the love which from our birth
over and around us lies.

Refrain:
Christ, our Lord, to you we raise
this, our hymn of grateful praise.

 For yourself, best gift divine,
to the world so freely given,
agent of God's grand design:
peace on earth and joy in heaven. [Refrain]







Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Jeremiah 33:1-9
English Standard Version

The Lord Promises Peace

33 The word of the Lord came to Jeremiah a second time, while he was still shut up in the court of the guard: "Thus says the Lord who made the earth,[a] the Lord who formed it to establish it—the Lord is his name: Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known. For thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, concerning the houses of this city and the houses of the kings of Judah that were torn down to make a defense against the siege mounds and against the sword: They are coming in to fight against the Chaldeans and to fill them[b] with the dead bodies of men whom I shall strike down in my anger and my wrath, for I have hidden my face from this city because of all their evil. Behold, I will bring to it health and healing, and I will heal them and reveal to them abundance of prosperity and security. I will restore the fortunes of Judah and the fortunes of Israel, and rebuild them as they were at first. I will cleanse them from all the guilt of their sin against me, and I will forgive all the guilt of their sin and rebellion against me. And this city shall be to me a name of joy, a praise and a glory before all the nations of the earth who shall hear of all the good that I do for them. They shall fear and tremble because of all the good and all the prosperity I provide for it.





No comments: