Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Verse of the Day 2/7

Verse of the Day 2/7



Isaiah 43:1-2
English Standard Version

Israel's Only Savior

43 But now thus says the Lord,
he who created you, O Jacob,
    he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
    I have called you by name, you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
    and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
    and the flame shall not consume you.


Our Monday Men's Bible study is going through the book of Isaiah.  Today's verses will be part of our next study.  Knowing that they were there I couldn't help but read ahead and spend some time thinking about them.

Many of us, when sharing about a particular trial or hardship that we may be going through, will here a response somethjing to the effect of "that is tough stuff".  Verse 2 speaks of passing through the waters, we might commonly say "up to our necks" in somethhing.  We may feel the turmoil as if we were going through an overwhelming flood with no power of our own to stop it.  Sometimes it may feel like our "house is on fire", problems mounting, finances lacking with nothing in sight to help put it out.

To these and many more situations God says, "I've redeemed you, I have called you, you are mine and I will be with you.  Notice that verse 2 starts with "but now".  Now, at this moment, He is with us, He will get us through this.

Through is a favorite word of God's: Max Lucado "You'll Get Through This".  "Out of the lions' den for Daniel, the prison for Peter, the whale's belly for Jonah, Goliath's shadow for David, the storm for the disciples, disease for the lepers, doubt for Thomas, the grave for Lazarus, and the shackles for Paul. God gets us through stuff. Through the Red Sea onto dry ground (Exodus 14:22), through the wilderness (Deuteronomy 29:5), through the valley of the shadow of death (Psalm 23:4), and through the deep sea (Psalm 77:19)."

I've had many tears and sorrows,  I've had questions for tomorrow,  there's been times I didn't know right from wrong.  But in every situation,  God gave me blessed consolation,  that my trials come to only make me strong.    Through it all,  through it all,  I've learned to trust in Jesus,  I've learned to trust in God.    
Through it all,  through it all,  I've learned to depend upon His Word.
(Through it All - Bill Gaither)

If you find yourself in deep waters, may you realize afterwards that He's been with you through it all and it all taught you to learn to trust and depend on HIm and His Word.








Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Isaiah 43:1-7
English Standard Version

Israel's Only Savior

43 But now thus says the Lord,
he who created you, O Jacob,
    he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
    I have called you by name, you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
    and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
    and the flame shall not consume you.
For I am the Lord your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
I give Egypt as your ransom,
    Cush and Seba in exchange for you.
Because you are precious in my eyes,
    and honored, and I love you,
I give men in return for you,
    peoples in exchange for your life.
Fear not, for I am with you;
    I will bring your offspring from the east,
    and from the west I will gather you.
I will say to the north, Give up,
    and to the south, Do not withhold;
bring my sons from afar
    and my daughters from the end of the earth,
everyone who is called by my name,
    whom I created for my glory,
    whom I formed and made."


No comments: