Friday, August 11, 2023

Verse of the Day 8/11

Verse of the Day 8/11


Isaiah 49:8-9
New Living Translation


This is what the Lord says:

"At just the right time, I will respond to you.

On the day of salvation I will help you.
I will protect you and give you to the people
    as my covenant with them.
Through you I will reestablish the land of Israel
    and assign it to its own people again.
I will say to the prisoners, 'Come out in freedom,'
    and to those in darkness, 'Come into the light.'
They will be my sheep, grazing in green pastures
    and on hills that were previously bare.




We're all familiar with the saying "in the nick of time", meaning that at the last seccond something or someone was rescued from peril of some kind.  It is what we see in movies all the time, the clock is ticking and just as the time is running out a crisis (often a bomb going off in a movie) is averted.  I don't know where it originated but in reading the Bible there are many examples of this in both testaments.

Today's verses deal with Isreal's restoration but we see other examples in Galatians 4:4 and 2 Corinthians 6:2 which speaks of receiving God's grace. The verses speak of deliverance, release, freedom, light and green pastures all of which coming in God's timing, at just the right time.

Perhaps you are in need of deliverance from something today.  Seek Him, wait on Him, call on Him.  At just the right time He will provide the answer.

  1. All the way my Savior leads me,
    What have I to ask beside?
    Can I doubt His tender mercy,
    Who through life has been my Guide?
    Heav'nly peace, divinest comfort,
    Here by faith in Him to dwell!
    For I know, whate'er befall me,
    Jesus doeth all things well;
    For I know, whate'er befall me,
    Jesus doeth all things well.
  2. All the way my Savior leads me,
    Cheers each winding path I tread,
    Gives me grace for every trial,
    Feeds me with the living Bread.
    Though my weary steps may falter
    And my soul athirst may be,
    Gushing from the Rock before me,
    Lo! A spring of joy I see;
    Gushing from the Rock before me,
    Lo! A spring of joy I see.
  3. All the way my Savior leads me,
    Oh, the fullness of His love!
    Perfect rest to me is promised
    In my Father's house above.
    When my spirit, clothed immortal,
    Wings its flight to realms of day
    This my song through endless ages:
    Jesus led me all the way;
    This my song through endless 


Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Isaiah 49:8-13
New King James Version

Thus says the Lord:

"In an acceptable[a] time I have heard You,
And in the day of salvation I have helped You;
I will [b]preserve You and give You
As a covenant to the people,
To restore the earth,
To cause them to inherit the desolate [c]

heritages;
That You may say to the prisoners, 'Go forth,'
To those who are in darkness, 'Show yourselves.'

"They shall feed along the roads,
And their pastures shall be on all desolate heights.
10 They shall neither hunger nor thirst,
Neither heat nor sun shall strike them;
For He who has mercy on them will lead them,
Even by the springs of water He will guide them.
11 I will make each of My mountains a road,
And My highways shall be elevated.
12 Surely these shall come from afar;
Look! Those from the north and the west,
And these from the land of Sinim."

13 Sing, O heavens!
Be joyful, O earth!
And break out in singing, O mountains!
For the Lord has comforted His people,
And will have mercy on His afflicted.


No comments: